Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winding Down




After finishing the job described on the previous post, I thought there would be a quiet period while winter ramped up. To our surprise we started a job on a new home site by setting poles for a top of pole PV installation. We'll try to get all the conduit laid while the builder is there with excavation equipment. At some point he'll have to shut down during any severe weather. We'll pick it up again when the weather returns to bearable.
It's been unusually cold and cloudy for the past week and we're using our last couple hundred KWh's in credit on our meter. To our further surprise it looks promising for another PV job where the owner wants to spend the money this year for tax purposes. We'll work on that one as the weather opportunities arise.
In the photos above you can see the pole fabrication in progress. I want to thank Lola Alderman for helping and doing a fine job on finishing. By the way, that's my new forklift I got to unload trucks delivering pallets of PV modules. In fact, its only new to me, it has some hours on it and I had to rebuild some linkages and fit chains to the tires. We couldn't afford a forklift that didn't need fiddling, so I'm happy to do it. It runs well and we might even paint it.
The pic of the PV array is the one at our house after days of snow showers. The deep blue sky is a wonderful sight. I didn't brush off the snow so I could see how it melts and slips off with a little sunshine. It took 4 hours to clear itself that sunny morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment